Today’s recipe is one of the classics, it’s a recipe that could be changed and modernised to make it more exciting, but in all honesty I think it deserves to remain untouched. Banana bread (or loaf) reminds me of my Granny, she was forever making it for me and my family to take home. Lovely cold, but even better warm. The perfect banana bread is crispy on the outside, but melts in your mouth in the centre. It’s such a quick and easy recipe that can’t really go wrong!
140g Unsalted Butter
160g Self Raising Flour
140g Caster Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
3 Bananas (mashed)
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper and preheat your oven to 160C (fan oven)/180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy before adding the eggs and a small amount of flour to stop the mixture curdling.
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and banana being careful to retain the air in the mixture.
- Pour into the pre-lined baking tin and place in the oven for 50-60mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack, drizzle with honey if you’re feeling fancy or decorate with some dried banana chips.