With the help of the ingredients of a classic banoffee pie these cupcakes are the perfect treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. This banoffee cupcake recipe is easy to follow with awesome results.
- 110g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 375g Self Raising Flour
- 180ml Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Bananas (Mashed)
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Cinamon
- 170g Tin Condensed Milk
- 45g Butter
- 45g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 15ml Milk
- 75g Cream Cheese
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2tbsp Milk
- Dried Banana Chips to Decorate (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160C (fan oven)/180C/Gas Mark 4 and line a muffin tin with cases.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool. Mash the bananas well.
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly. In another bowl beat the eggs and add the milk, melted butter and mashed banana before stirring.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture. Mix well until you get a lumpy paste.
- Spoon the cupcake mixture into the cases and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before coring them. Either use a cupcake corer or carefully use a knife to cut a circular hole in the centre of each cupcake (be careful not to cut too deep).
- In a small pan melt the butter and dark brown sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk and stir continually on a high heat until it comes to the boil. Continue to stir for around a minute and the liquid becomes a thick golden caramel. Allow to cool (and slightly harden) for around ten minutes and then stir in the milk.
- Pipe the caramel into the middle of the cooled cupcakes before icing.
- To make the icing beat together the butter and cream cheese to a paste like consistency. Gradually add the icing sugar and finally the vanilla extract and milk.
- Ice the cupcakes however you please and optionally decorate with leftover caramel and dried banana chips.